This class was offered during the 2013-14 school year.
Art History: American Artists
Bridget Frahm, Instructor
About this course: This is a two-semester course focusing on the famous artists of America from 1700 A.D. to today. In addition this course will familiarize the student with the major art movements in history. Weekly 1.5 hour classes will consist of two parts: a period of instruction, which will include a daily quiz; and a variety of hands-on art activities to accompany the day’s artist. Homework will be limited to reviewing the artists/movements and occasionally completing art projects. This is a pass/fail course. Passing the course will be based on daily quizzes, class participation, and completion of the projects.
- Smiling faces and a desire to be creative and try new things!
- Willingness to following instructions and use art supplies properly in the lab portion of class so as to protect the church’s building from becoming damaged.
- Respecting others by arriving on time.
- Student’s family must have reliable internet service with email access, and a printer
- Priority will be given to junior high and high school students. Sixth grade students may be admitted to the class based on space available